Choc-Caramel anything is always a win, it is the absolute BEST flavour combination and we have seriously nailed these choc caramel tarts. We’ve created a beautifully sweet all-natural caramel filling that includes our high protein Noway Coffee Collagen in Salted Caramel. The recipe below is served in mini tarts but you can also break the mixture up into larger quantities to make larger tarts.
Serves: 18 Prep: 5 minutes Bake Time: 10 minutes Freeze: 4 hours
1.5 cup oats
½ cup shredded coconut
3 tbs coconut oil, melted
2 tbs maple syrup
Pinch of salt
10 x medjool dates, pitted
½ cup tahini
2 scoops Noway Salted Caramel Coffee Protein
Pinch of salt
80g very dark chocolate, melted
1. Prepare/grease mini tart tins, or muffin tray.
2. Place medjool dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water to soften.
3. Combine all base ingredients in a food processor and blitz until a sticky coarse mixture has formed. Add 1-2 tbs of water if needed to help combine.
4. Spoon approximately 1-2 tbs of mixture into each hole/tin and mould to the sides, ensuring evenly spread. Repeat with all remaining mixture. Amount of mixture per tin/muffin hole will vary depending on the size of tin. Option to bake or keep raw – for baking, preheat the oven to 180C and bake for 10 minutes. If keeping raw – place in the freezer to set.
5. Drain medjool dates and place in the food processor. Combine until dates have formed a sticky paste. Add tahini, Noway, salt and 2 tbs of water. Combine for a further 5 minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
6. Add another 2 tbs of water and combine again until smooth.
7. Once the smooth caramel is achieved. Spoon caramel evenly on top of each base. Place in the freezer to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
8. Once semi firm, remove caramel cups from freezer and spoon melted chocolate onto each one.
9. Return to the freezer to set for a minimum of 2 hours.