Anything with the word bread in it has won me over already. It’s a recipe your bananas are waiting to turn black for, with the addition of cherries to add a sourness note, this bread is a winner in my house with my boys, a perfect after school tummy filler or breakfast on the go
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
|Nutrition Per Serve:||138 Calories|
Serves 12 slices
- 3 squishy ripe bananas (300 grams)
- 1 cup of fresh cherries
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used almond)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup organic gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup NOWAY Protein Powder (any flavour)
Other options – spices such star anise, cinnamon, vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C or 350°F and grease and line a loaf tin
2. Next mash the banana in a large bowl, once mashed add the maple syrup, coconut milk, nut butter, eggs, baking powder, gluten free flour, almond meal, protein and cinnamon and mix until the mixture is well combined.
3. Pour HALF of the mixture into your prepared tin, top with the cherries than pour the rest of the mixture on top
4. Put it in the oven and bake for 35 – 45 minutes. The mixture may still look slightly under done when you take it out but it will continue to cook as it cools, if you over cook the bread it will be dry.
Once removed from the oven leave the bread in the tin for 15 minutes before gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Store in airtight container