Serves: 10 Prep: 5 minutes: Cook: 30 minutes
1 cup almond meal
¼ cup buckwheat flour
⅓ cup of coconut sugar
2 scoops mocha Noway
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
¼ cup almond milk
¼ cup coconut yogurt (can use natural Greek yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup dark choc chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line/grease muffin tray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine almond meal, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, Noway, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, coconut yogurt, and vanilla essence.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine well. Add in chocolate chips and fold through the mixture evenly.
- Pour ¼ cup of mixture into each muffin hole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Allow cooling in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once cool top with Dalgona coffee frosting if desired.
1 tbsp instant coffee
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp very hot water
In a medium mixing bowl beat coffee, coconut sugar, and boiling water with an electric mixer for 5 minutes. Until “Dalgona” style coffee is achieved, it should be smooth, glossy, and form small peaks.