Apple and Pear Crumble with Ice-Cream
The perfect warm treat for a cold Winter's night, or for any night really, by adding ice-cream to the top it's an all season winner! This yummy crumble includes our high protein collagen powder, Noway protein.
Serves: 8 Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 30 mins
2 x apples, thinly sliced
1 x pear, thinly sliced
2 scoops Vanilla Noway
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs coconut oil, melted
¾ cup oats
1 scoop Vanilla Noway
½ cup desiccated coconut
3 tbs coconut oil, melted
1 tbs honey (or sticky sweetener)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbs crushed nuts
Ice cream of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a large baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apple and pears slices with Vanilla Noway, cinnamon, and coconut oil. Use hands if needed to coat apples and pears evenly.
- Transfer the apple and pear mixture to the baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking, add oats, Vanilla Noway, coconut, coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, and nuts to a large mixing bowl and combine well until all ingredients are evenly coated and a coarse semi-sticky mixture has formed.
- Remove apples and pears from the oven. Spread crumble mixture over the top evenly. Return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes or until golden on top.
- Allow to rest, serve in a bowl, and top with ice-cream or yoghurt.
*Tip this can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days and be reheated as needed or eaten cold.
Fun Fact: Cooked and cooled apples are a form of resistant starch, which your gut will love!
Calories - 212
Net Carbs - 11g
Fat - 13g
Protein - 88g