ATP Christmas Trifle
Serves: 6 Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 30 minutes
Sponge:1 cup almond meal
2 tbs coconut flour
2 scoops Vanilla Noway
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
¼ cup almond milk
2 tbs coconut oil, melted
2 tbs maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
Jelly:3 x sachets Noway Collagen Jelly
1.5 cups boiling water
2 tsp gelatin powder
Cream1 x white chocolate mousse sachet
1 cup coconut milk solids (refrigerate can overnight to separate)
Preferred fruit to layer
Note: Make jelly in advance.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a rectangle baking tray with baking paper.
- Start with sponge: Place almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and Noway into a mixing bowl and stir well. In a separate bowl whisk eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and combine well and transfer mixture to the baking tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and golden on top. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- For the jelly: In a heatproof bowl, mix 1.5 cups of boiling with 3 x sachets of preferred jelly, add gelatin, and combine until contents have dissolved. Transfer to a square baking tin and place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours or until firm.
- For the cream: Whisk together coconut milk solids and white chocolate mousse sachet until light and fluffy.
- Slice sponge and jelly into small squares.
- Assemble each in glasses or large container by layering with sponge, jelly, cream, fruit, and repeat. Decorate with coconut flakes, berries, nuts, or seeds. You could also drizzle with melted chocolate!
Macros:Cals per serve: 265
Net carbs: 8g