Prep / Cook Time 60 minutes
|Nutrition Per Serve||130 Calories|
350 grams gluten free flour
1 tablespoon GutRight
1 tsp cinnamon
2 ½ teaspoons gluten free baking powder
pinch of salt
250 grams salted butter (melted)
100 grams maple sugar or syrup
2 medium eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla bean extract
400 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped
Fleur de sel or flaked salt, for final sprinkling
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, GutRight and salt. Set the dry ingredient mixture aside until needed.
- In the bowl beat together the melted butter and maple sugar on medium speed, until light and fluffy, add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in the vanilla bean paste and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients. Mix until roughly combined, add in the roughly chopped dark chocolate and beat until evenly combined, cover it in a thin layer of plastic wrap. Set the bowl in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 180 Celsius. Line a large baking sheets with non-stick parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove the dough bowl from the refrigerator. Using a generous tablespoon as a measure, scoop out as many cookie balls as possible from the dough. Arrange the dough balls evenly amongst the sheets, then sprinkle over a little of the fleur de sel or flaked salt. You should be able to fit about 8 dough balls per sheet, depending upon size each cook.
- Bake, for 9 to 11 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on their baking trays for 10 minutes, before carefully transferring them to a wire rack to further cool slightly.