Makes 8-10 Bars
Macros per bar
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 cups of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 scoops Gutright
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsalted peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- ⅓ cup cacao nibs
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, peanut butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour dough into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even and tightly packed layer.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the top is a rich golden brown.
- Place on a cooling rack for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Lift out and cut into bars. Enjoy!