Makes 12 Cookies
- 1 cup of gluten free plain flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 55g of organic butter
- 2 tbsp of organic manuka honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- If needed add 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 level scoops of Gutright
- 3-4 caps of multifood
- Preheat your oven to 180C/355F.
- Line 2-3 baking sheets with baking paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, add your gutright, multifood and flours, baking soda, salt, sugar and butter and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Add in your honey and vanilla and pulse until your mix starts to form a dough.
- If needed, add your milk 1 tbsp at a time until your mix starts to come together.
- Take your mix out of your food processor and knead until combined before flattening your dough into a disc shape, wrapping in cling wrap and chilling in the fridge for half an hour to an hour.
- Once your dough has chilled, spoon your mixture onto your prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1cm/1/3″ space between each one.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 5-10 minutes or until lightly golden. If you want crunchy cookies, bake them between 8-10 minutes turning the heat down slightly at the end half of the baking time if your cookies are browning too quickly. For chewier, softer cookies bake for ~5 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container.
- These cookies are best eaten on the day they’re made (as they do soften slightly), however, they will keep in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature.