• ½ cup of Maple Syrup
• 175g of shredded coconut
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
• 3 scoops of Pina Colada Noway
• 160g of 70% dark chocolate
1. Place shredded coconut in a bowl.
2. In a small saucepan – add the maple syrup, Pina colada protein, and vanilla essence and melt together over low heat until the pina colada protein is just dissolved. You should still be able to dip your finger in the saucepan and not burn your finger. If you burn the protein and maple syrup It turns into a toffee and makes the mix rock hard once chilled. Almost broke my damn tooth!
3. Once the syrup mixture is melted, pour over the coconut and combine, squishing it all together with your hands as you would with Anzac biscuits as a kid. The tighter you squeeze the coconut and syrup mixture together the denser and chewy they become so it is just based on what texture you prefer. Wet your hands lightly with water and roll into balls, similar in size to a rum ball that you would eat at Christmas time…or anytime, I’m not judging!
4. Place the balls onto a tray with baking paper and chill in the fridge for 10-15 mins until just cool and firmer.
5. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until melted, using a basting brush, roll the ball around in the chocolate until covered and place back onto the baking paper tray, continue to repeat this with all of the balls.
6. Chill for 15-20 mins in the fridge.
7. Enjoy – they are slightly addictive. Keep stored in the fridge if you don’t eat all at once…Add all dry ingredients into the blender.
Makes 12 Balls/Serves