Donuts – they are pretty self-explanatory to the happiness they bring, i remember kneading the dough as a kid with my grandmother – she used to make ones stuffed with home-made plum jam, the smell is almost paralyzing in memories if i smell them at the cooking stages now. Though they tasted amazing, i’ve put together a non-frying slightly healthier version made with NOWAY protein and perfect as a bite size treat, its the thing my boys will always make me to ask! 🙂
Macros: Per Donut.
Makes 12 Donuts
- 4 scoops Vanilla Noway Protein
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of maple sugar (not syrup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup of almond milk
- 125g salted butter – melted
- 1/3 cups coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 50 grams salted butter – melted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C . Grease 12 ( 24 )non – stick patty tins with a generous amount of coconut spray or oil.
- Place the flour, baking powder and Noway Protein into a bowl, add the maple sugar, melted butter and hot milk, and egg, mix to combine but don’t over mix – it should look silky and smooth and stretchy. Divide the mixture between the prepared tin and bake for approx 12 – 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the donuts are cooking – make the cinnamon coating – place the coconut and maple sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl and then leave it to the side, in the meantime melt the butter (stir continuously) put to the side as well until the donuts are ready. Remove the donuts from the oven and allow them to cool slightly, using a pastry brush, brush them with the butter while they are still hot, then toss them in the cinnamon mixture whilst still hot, coating to how ever much you like.