I love this recipe for breakfast, or a lazy night dinner, post work out, peeping in the fridge with a spoon scenario, i simply just love the creaminess. Topped with pumpkin seeds that are high in zinc and antioxidant rich summer berries, it also contains a great dose of collagen rich protein, such a delightfully happy meal.
|Prep Time 20 minutes||Fridge Time 1hr and 30 minutes|
|Nutrition Per Serve||155 Calories|
Makes 4-5 Serves
1 cups of rolled oats.
1/4 cups chia.
1 Grated organic apple.
2 scoops Noway protein flavour of your choice.
Juice of 1 lime.
Water to soak the oats.
Pinch of salt.
4 -5 tablespoons of organic Greek yogurt (you can use any yogurt alternative such a coconut).
Berries and seeds to serve, Honey or Maple syrup on top.
1 Place oats, protein powder, salt and chia seeds in a large bowl, cover with enough water to just submerge them. Add the apple, lime juice and yogurt and mix well. Cover with plastic film and set in the fridge overnight.
2. The next day stir the mix with a spoon and if need be, add a little more yogurt if you want it to be a little less thick
3. Serve with berries or a summer plum compote, pumpkin or seeds (or nuts) and drizzle a little honey or syrup if you enjoy a little extra sweetness.
For the Summer Plum Compote you will need
4 – 5 plums.
1 tsp vanilla bean paste.
1 tsp cinnamon.
1 chai tea bag.
3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey.
1. Roughly chop plum, remove stones and place them into a saucepan with the lime zest and juice, spices maple syrup or honey, chai tea bag and vanilla and let it come to the boil on medium heat
2. Mash the plums with a wooden spoon as it cooks, and turn the heat off once it becomes a thicker consistency
3. A good trick is to drag your spoon across the bottom of the pot. If the compote separates for a moment, long enough to make a line, it’s done.