As a child I loved these babies, but only the red ones, so they could paint my lips rouge red after managing to soak the natural colours out, packed full of natural flavours and antioxidants they are a great alternative to sugar treats. I have made these ones with Noway Strawberry Protein which added the additional nutritional benefit of protein.
They can be made using any squishy berry and fruit – I love the cherry, raspberry and strawberry flavours for their vibrancy and sweetness and so I can touch up my lippy in the afternoon.
|Nutrition Per Serve||49 Cal|
|Carbs Per Serve||9.75g|
|Fat Per Serve||0.159g|
|Protein Per Serve||3.2g|
Makes 2 batches, Serve 5 – 6 roll ups per batch
- 2 cups of over ripe fruit or thawed frozen organic fruit (eg. cherries, raspberries, strawberries, mango)
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup, honey or any sugar-substitute (optional)
- 2 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 Scoop of Strawberry Noway Protein Other options – spices (star anise, cinnamon), vanilla
1. Blend fruit and any additional ingredients in a food processor or stick blender until smooth. Mix in sweetener if you are using one and then add your lemon or lime juice, add in some rind for additional colour and polyphenol benefits, lime rind in mango is amazing and the Noway strawberry protein (it’s also fine to leave this ingredient out)
Pour the ingredients into a pan lined with baking paper then spread it evenly to about ¼ inch thick or and I prefer this way, use a silicon mat and spread the mixture evenly on this, don’t make it too thin.
2. Next, it’s time to dehydrate the mixture – in your oven apply the temperature as low as your oven will go for approx 6 to 7 hours, or until middle is no longer sticky and it takes a darker appearance, allow it to then cool
3 With a knife, cut into wide strips then roll them up
Store in airtight container