Ingredients for the Cake:
1 scoop GutRight Choc Chai
30g chocolate protein powder (we choose Noway)
10g almond meal
1 large egg whisked, or 70ml egg whites or vegan egg replacer
50-60ml water or milk of choice
1/2 tsp baking powder
Ingredients for the Chai Filling and Drizzle:
20g smooth peanut or almond butter
20ml syrup or sticky sweetener of choice (e.g. agave, rice malt, honey, maple)
Splash of water as needed
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. In a mixing bowl, add protein powder, almond meal, Gut Right powder, and baking powder and stir well to combine.
3. Pour in the egg, and whisk to combine into the dry ingredients.
4. Once combined, fold through the water or milk as necessary to thin the batter.
5. Pour half the batter into a greased mug, ramekin or muffin case. Meanwhile, make your chai filling by combining the peanut butter, syrup, and cinnamon -adding water to thin it into a sauce. Pour 3/4 of this mixture on top of your cake batter, before covering with the remaining cake batter.
6. Place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Serve while it’s still warm with the remaining Chai filling as a drizzle. Enjoy!