|Prep /Cook Time||40 minutes|
|Nutrition Per Serve||62 Calories|
200g gluten free ﬂour
65g cocoa powder
2 tsp Gut Right Powder
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
100g maple syrup
300ml coconut milk
50ml coconut oil
2 large eggs or 3 medium
1 tbsp. vanilla bean extract
Optional for cake – 2 scoops of NOWAY protein powder, add this when you put the dry ingredient in bowl first.
1. Grease a non – stick square tin and line it with baking paper and let the parchment paper slightly overhang the sides, pre-heat the oven to 180 c.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the ﬂour, cocoa powder, baking powder, gut right and salt, until evenly combined.
3. Pour the maple syrup, coconut milk, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla bean extract into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Whisk, until evenly combined and glossy, pour the batter into the prepared baking tin.
4. Bake, for 30 to 32 minutes, or until risen and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean Remove from the oven and let the cake cool in its tin for 15 minutes, before carefully turning it out and onto a wire rack, to cool completely before frosting.
110 grams dark chocolate (70%)
170 grams unsalted butter, very soft at room temperature
50 grams maple sugar
50 grams cocoa powder
2 tbsp. heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
1⁄4 tsp. salt
Optional for cake – 2 scoops of NOWAY protein powder, or more gut right (1 tsp)
1. Place the chopped dark chocolate and butter in a sauce pan over medium heat and stir until melted, add the maple syrup, continuously stirring, add in the cream, gut right or protein powder, cocoa powder, cream, vanilla bean paste and salt and than keep mixing until it all comes together and is smooth and glossy
Lather over your cooled down cake