In today’s episode of the ATP project, Matt and Steve had the honor of interviewing collagen expert, Susan Leser, from Gelita Germany. They ask all the questions that the team and our customers have had about collagen, what it is, how it works, and why we selected BodyBalance from their range to use in our Noway Collagen product range. Long-awaited and loaded with knowledge bombs left, right, and center!
- Simons, V. S., Lochnit, G., Wilhelm, J., Ishaque, B., Rickert, M., & Steinmeyer, J. (2018). Comparative Analysis of Peptide Composition and Bioactivity of Different Collagen Hydrolysate Batches on Human Osteoarthritic Synoviocytes. Scientific reports, 8(1), 17733. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-36046-3
- Clark, K. L., Sebastianelli, W., Flechsenhar, K. R., Aukermann, D. F., Meza, F., Millard, R. L., Deitch, J. R., Sherbondy, P. S., & Albert, A. (2008). 24-Week study on the use of collagen hydrolysate as a dietary supplement in athletes with activity-related joint pain. Current medical research and opinion, 24(5), 1485–1496. https://doi.org/10.1185/030079908×291967
- McAlindon, T. E., Nuite, M., Krishnan, N., Ruthazer, R., Price, L. L., Burstein, D., Griffith, J., & Flechsenhar, K. (2011). Change in knee osteoarthritis cartilage detected by delayed gadolinium enhanced magnetic resonance imaging following treatment with collagen hydrolysate: a pilot randomized controlled trial. Osteoarthritis and cartilage, 19(4), 399–405. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joca.2011.01.001
Collagen hydrolysate for the treatment of osteoarthritis and other joint disorders: A review of the literature DOI: 10.1185/030079906X1483 November 2006Current Medical Research and Opinion 22(11):2221-32
- Jendricke, P., Centner, C., Zdzieblik, D., Gollhofer, A., & König, D. (2019). Specific Collagen Peptides in Combination with Resistance Training Improve Body Composition and Regional Muscle Strength in Premenopausal Women: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nutrients, 11(4), 892. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu11040892
- Oertzen-Hagemann, Vanessa & Kirmse, Marius & Eggers, Britta & Pfeiffer, Kathy & Marcus, Katrin & de Marées, Markus & Platen, Petra. (2019). Effects of 12 Weeks of Hypertrophy Resistance Exercise Training Combined with Collagen Peptide Supplementation on the Skeletal Muscle Proteome in Recreationally Active Men. Nutrients. 11. 1072. 10.3390/nu11051072.
- Zdzieblik, D., Oesser, S., Gollhofer, A., & König, D. (2017). Improvement of activity-related knee joint discomfort following supplementation of specific collagen peptides. Applied physiology, nutrition, and metabolism = Physiologie appliquee, nutrition et metabolisme, 42(6), 588–595. https://doi.org/10.1139/apnm-2016-0390
Collagen Hydrolysate Improves Joint Function in Adults with Mild Symptoms of Osteoarthritis of the Knee DOI: 10.1249/00005768-200405001-00730 May 2004 Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 36(5):S153-S154
- Paul, C., Leser, S., & Oesser, S. (2019). Significant Amounts of Functional Collagen Peptides Can Be Incorporated in the Diet While Maintaining Indispensable Amino Acid Balance. Nutrients, 11(5), 1079. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu11051079
- Moskowitz R. W. (2000). Role of collagen hydrolysate in bone and joint disease. Seminars in arthritis and rheumatism, 30(2), 87–99. https://doi.org/10.1053/sarh.2000.9622