Is this the healthiest Trifle you have ever had? Potentially, we are going to confidently lay claim to the chance it might be. But rest assured, this is no swapping ice cream for sweet potato in the shape of ice cream trickery… it tastes delicious we promise! With so many vibrant colour combos, it’s sure to be the centre table piece of envy at your Christmas lunch when you bring it out as the final show stopper!
Serves: 6 Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 30 minutes
1 cup almond meal
2 tbs coconut flour
2 scoops Vanilla Noway
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
¼ cup almond milk
2 tbs coconut oil, melted
2 tbs maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 x sachets Noway Collagen Jelly
2 tsp gelatin powder
1 x white chocolate mousse sachet
1 cup coconut milk solids (refrigerate can overnight to separate)
Preferred fruit to layer
Note: Make jelly in advance.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a rectangle baking tray with baking paper.
- Start with sponge: Place almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and Noway into a mixing bowl and stir well. In a separate bowl whisk eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and combine well and transfer mixture to the baking tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and golden on top. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- For the jelly: In a heatproof bowl, mix 1.5 cups of boiling with 3 x sachets of preferred jelly, add gelatin, and combine until contents have dissolved. Transfer to a square baking tin and place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours or until firm.
- For the cream: Whisk together coconut milk solids and white chocolate mousse sachet until light and fluffy.
- Slice sponge and jelly into small squares.
- Assemble each in glasses or large container by layering with sponge, jelly, cream, fruit, and repeat. Decorate with coconut flakes, berries, nuts, or seeds. You could also drizzle with melted chocolate!
Cals per serve: 265
Net carbs: 8g