Berry Noway Layered Coconut Slice
Macros: Per slice
- 2 cups organic almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon organic butter, room temperature
- 1 large cage free organic egg
- 1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened, canned
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 cups desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup organic fresh Strawberries
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 scoops of Noway Juicy Wild Berry Protein
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces 85% Organic dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Combine all the biscuit layer ingredients in a bowl and mix until a dough forms.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish or brownie pan with baking paper or grease a silicon mould. Evenly press the biscuit dough into the dish to form the base. Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through. Allow to cool.
- Make the strawberry layer by adding strawberries and water into a small pan and stir over a low heat. Break up the strawberries as they cook so a jam forms. Keep stirring for around 5 minutes, until thickened. Allow to cool before adding in chia seeds, Strawberry Noway protein.
- On a medium heat mix the coconut milk and coconut oil until combined.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients for the coconut layer together. Add the coconut milk and oil mixture to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Add the coconut mixture to your cooled biscuit base and spread evenly. Place in the freezer until set (around 1 hour). Once the coconut layer is hard, spread the raspberry layer over the top of it and return to the freezer to set (around 1 hour).
- Break the chocolate bar into small pieces, then place in a suitable saucepan and melt over the stove. Pour the chocolate onto the raspberry layer and return to the freezer to set.
- Remove from the freezer and serve