Choc-Coffee Caramel Tarts
Serves: 18 Prep: 5 minutes Bake Time: 10 minutes Freeze: 4 hours
1.5 cup oats
½ cup shredded coconut
3 tbs coconut oil, melted
2 tbs maple syrup
Pinch of salt
10 x medjool dates, pitted
½ cup tahini
2 scoops Noway Coffee Protein
Pinch of salt
80g very dark chocolate, melted
1. Prepare/grease mini tart tins, or muffin tray.
2. Place medjool dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water to soften.
3. Combine all base ingredients in a food processor and blitz until a sticky coarse mixture has formed. Add 1-2 tbs of water if needed to help combine.
4. Spoon approximately 1-2 tbs of mixture into each hole/tin and mould to the sides, ensuring evenly spread. Repeat with all remaining mixture. Amount of mixture per tin/muffin hole will vary depending on the size of tin. Option to bake or keep raw - for baking, preheat the oven to 180C and bake for 10 minutes. If keeping raw - place in the freezer to set.
5. Drain medjool dates and place in the food processor. Combine until dates have formed a sticky paste. Add tahini, Noway, salt and 2 tbs of water. Combine for a further 5 minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
6. Add another 2 tbs of water and combine again until smooth.
7. Once the smooth caramel is achieved. Spoon caramel evenly on top of each base. Place in the freezer to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
8. Once semi firm, remove caramel cups from freezer and spoon melted chocolate onto each one.
9. Return to the freezer to set for a minimum of 2 hours.