Granola Bars (Vegan)
|Nutrition Per Serve||149.4 Calories|
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minute Approx / until Golden Brown
- 3 cups of your favourite raw granola mix
- 150 grams maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons smooth peanut butter, or almond butter
- 6 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 40 grams Gutright
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / lightly grease or line a baking dish of your choice with coconut oil, then set aside.
- On low heat, heat the maple syrup and nut butter in a small pan over a low heat, stir until mixture is well combined, set aside.
- Slit open the dates, pull out and discard the stones, then place them into a bowl with 50mls of warm water. Place the oat mixture in a large bowl with the cinnamon, gut right, apple sauce, dates and water and salt, then mix in the maple syrup mixture until well combined
- Spoon it into the prepared baking dish, using the back of a spoon to press it into an even layer.
- Bake in the hot oven for 20 / 30 minutes, or until golden and then leave to cool slightly. Turn it out onto a board and cut into squares, then set aside to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.