GutRight Choc-Chip Hot Cross Buns
1 cup almond meal
2 tbs psyllium husk
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp allspice
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp baking powder
2 scoops Gutright
Pinch of salt
2 tbs almond milk
2 tbs coconut oil, melted
3 tbs maple syrup
45g Dark chocolate, chopped into chunks + 20g melted for crosses
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients, except chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, add milk, coconut oil and maple syrup and whisk together well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Combine well.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir evenly through the mixture.
- Once combined, spoon mixture into balls (1 heaped tablespoon for each bun) and shape into small buns, placing evenly on baking tray. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool on tray before transferring to a wire rack.
- Once cool, decorate with chocolate crosses and enjoy while chocolate is still warm!
NOTE: For a fruit version - use 35g of raisins and 1 tbs orange zest into the mixture instead of chocolate chunks.