Serves: 12 Prep: 5 minutes Bake Time: 10-15minutes
1 cup almond meal
3 tbs gluten-free flour
2 scoops Vanilla Noway
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
¼ cup almond milk
2 tbs coconut oil, melted
2 tbs maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 x Sachet Noway Jelly raspberry.
¼ cup boiling water
Extra coconut for rolling
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare a gem tray (if you have it), or a mini muffin tray.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients for the cake. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
3. Pour wet mixture into dry and combine well.
4. Spoon 1.5 tbs of mixture into each hole of the tray. Try to make the mixture into a ball shape.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
6. While cakes are baking, make jelly. In a bowl, mix 1 sachet of jelly with ¼ cup boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add ¼ cup cold water and combine. Place the bowl in the fridge.
7. Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the tray.
8. Be sure jelly doesn’t completely set, ideally should be runny and thick with lumps.
9. Once cakes are cool and jelly is semi-set, dip each cake in the jelly and roll in coconut.
10. Repeat with all the cakes.
11. Allow to set in the fridge slightly, then enjoy!
Cals per serve: 97
Net carbs: 2g