Modbiotic Friendly Collagen Caramel Slice
Prep: 5 minutes
Freeze: 4-6 hours
¾ cup almonds
5 x Medjool dates
½ cup desiccated coconut
Pinch of Salt
10 x Medjool dates, soaked
⅓ cup hulled tahini
2 scoops Vanilla Noway
Pinch of salt
¼ cup cacao powder
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tbs raw honey
1. Line a square baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a food processor combine all base ingredients until a sticky mixture is formed.
3. Transfer base mixture to lined tin spread out and press down evenly with a spatula until smooth and compact. Place in the freezer and make the caramel.
4. Place pitted dates and tahini into a food processor and combine until smooth. Add in Noway and salt and combine. Add a small amount of water if necessary to make it smooth.
5. Remove the base from the freezer and pour the caramel on top, spread evenly, and return to the freezer.
6. In a small saucepan combine coconut oil, cacao powder, and honey until melted and smooth.
7. Remove the slice from the freezer and pour chocolate evenly over the top. Return to the freezer to set for a minimum of 4 hours.
8. Remove from the freezer and slice into small squares with a hot knife.
Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
* Soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes, drain from water and remove pips.
Calories per serve: 177
Net carbs: 17g