Collagen Carrot Cake with Whipped Frosting
Serves: 12 Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 45 minutes
1 cup almond meal
1 cup quick oats
¼ cup of coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp psyllium husk
2 scoops Noway Vanilla
Pinch of salt
½ cup milk of choice
2 tbs coconut oil, melted
1 large carrot, grated
½ cup natural cream cheese
1 tbs maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add almond meal, oats, coconut sugar, Vanilla Noway, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and coconut oil together. Add in grated carrot and combine well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and combine.
- Transfer batter into the loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden on top.
- In a small bowl beat with an electric mixer cream cheese and maple syrup for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Once the loaf is cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to rest in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once completely cool, spread frosting over loaf.