Noway Gingerbread Cookies
Cook: 10 minutes
Ingredients1.5 tbs ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 x scoop Vanilla Noway
½ cup almond meal
1 cup gluten-free flour
2 tbs coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
¼ cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
Decorate with chocolate or preferred icing.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and combine well, until a sticky dough has formed.
- Place dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out with a rolling pin to approximately 0.5cm thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut shapes in the dough and place cookie shapes onto the baking tray. Repeat until all mixture has been used. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until golden, timing can vary depending on the size of the cookies you make. If you prefer chewy gingerbread cookies then slightly undercooked.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Decorate with chocolate or icing if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry.
Cals per serve: 37
Net carbs: 4g
For our twist on a Christmas classic see below.
ATP Christmas Trifle