Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Serves: 10 Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 30 minutes
1 cup almond meal
¼ cup buckwheat flour
⅓ cup coconut sugar
2 scoops Noway Unflavoured
3 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
¼ cup almond milk
½ cup pumpkin puree, (tin or steam fresh pumpkin)
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup thickened coconut cream
2 tbs maple syrup
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line/grease 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a large bowl combine almond meal, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, Noway, pumpkin spice, baking powder and salt.
- In a seperate bowl whisk eggs and almond milk together, add vanilla extract and pumpkin puree and combine well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and stir well to combine.
- Scoop ¼ cup of mixture into each muffin hole.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- For icing, place thickened coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk together with an electric mixer.
- Allow to rest in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, top with an even amount of coconut icing on each muffin and sprinkle with extra pumpkin spice.
Most importantly... Enjoy!