Barramundi Fish Cakes with Jalapeno and Lime Dressing
When its blistering hot outside, any fish is a winner for me. Quite often we are all at a holiday house where fishing is on top of the list for the men and barramundi is often brought home to be on the menu. I love to make fish cakes with coriander chilli and limes, an ever so light and delicious dish.
|Prep Time 20 minutes||Cook Time 16 minutes|
|Nutrition Per Serve||57.4 Calories each|
- 225 g white fish / I used barramundi skin off
- 225 g sweet potato cooked with skin on
- 1 1/2 jalapeno chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 keffir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup each of coriander and mint
- 2 sping onions
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 220 c (425 F).
- Place the fish in a food processor and process until finally chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and add the sweet potato, 1 jalapeno's, garlic, keffir lime leaves, coriander and mint, spring onions, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 1/3 cup patties and place them on a baking tray, line the tray with non-stick paper prior. Bake for 8 minutes, then turn carefully and bake for a further 8 minutes or until golden.
- To make the dressing place the mirin, lime juice and 1/2 chilli in a bowl, whisk and serve with the fish cakes.
- Serve inside an iceberg lettuce leaf or in a raw cabbage salad.