Peppermint Slice Mini Cups
Makes: (24 mini cups)
2 cups organic walnuts
5 cups organic medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup organic cacao powder
2 tbsp organic cacao nibs
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups organic raw cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours)
1/3 cup organic coconut cream
1/4 organic desiccated coconut
1/4 cup organic brown rice syrup
1/2 cup organic coconut oil, melted
1 block of organic dark chocolate
- In a food processor, blitz all base ingredients together until a crumbly mixture is formed.
- Line a baking tin/ or cup mold and evenly press the dough into the bottom.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour to set.
- While your base is in the freezer, blend all filling ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender until nice and creamy.
- Remove the base from the freezer and spread the peppermint filling over the top. Smooth out and return to the freezer for 1-2hours.
- Once the filling is set, prepare the chocolate topping. In a small saucepan, lightly toast the buckwheat kernels until golden and crunchy. Set aside to cool.
- Melt organic dark chocolate over the stove
- Pour over the peppermint cream and smooth out.
- Put back in the freezer for about 30 minutes for the topping to set.