Protein Banoffee Pie
Say hello to my no-bake protein banoffee pie. This baby is super easy to make and will make any crazy banoffee fan drool for more after the first bite. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar-free & grain free plus loaded with protein.
I made these into 3 decent sizes serves but you can make them into smaller servings if you wish. I used my $2 mini springform cake tins from Kmart.
These pies are pretty high in calories so my partner and I always share one serving. If you want to make smaller servings you totally can. Use a small rubber muffin tray or a muffin loaf tray and cut it up into smaller pieces and freeze.
Nutrition Per Serve
Calories - 1106
Makes - 3 Serves
- 140g Pecans
- 100g Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 260g Medjool Dates (soaked & stones removed)
- 5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 5 Tbsp Almond Butter (Or another nut butter that you prefer)
- 1 Bananas
- 1 tin Coconut Milk (chill this in the fridge for a few hours before using)
- 3 scoops of the ATP Science Noway Banana Protein
- Dairy Free organic chocolate (grated)
For the base layer – grease your cake tins with some butter or you can line them with baking paper.
- Add all of the base layer ingredients together into a blender and blitz until well combined.
- Spoon your base mixture into your tins and press the mixture down right to the corners. Place the tins into the freezer while you prepare the caramel layer.
For the Caramel layer
- Soak your dates in a bowl of hot water for about 5-10 minutes. Make sure there are no pips left in any of your dates. Once your dates are soft, place them into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil and nut butter to the date mixture and blitz again until smooth. Spoon the caramel layer into your tins and replace back into the freezer.
- Mash one banana and spread onto each cake.
- Whip the coconut milk with egg beaters until it starts to get thicker. Add your three scoops of the Noway Protein and beat again until well combined.
- Add the coconut layer to the cakes and replace back into the freezer.
- Freeze overnight or for 4-5 hours. Once you are ready to eat them, remove them from the freezer about 10 minutes before you want to eat them. This will make it easier to remove them from the tins and they will be perfect texture and temperature to eat.